Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Awards


The other day Rachael brought home a notice that she was going to be recieving an award at the school's awards assembly today. (Awards are given only to kids in grade 4 & 5.) "It's no big deal, Mom," Rachael said to me. But being the pround mom that I am I came armed with my camera ready to document the moment for posterity's sake. After singing O Canada in both french and english and handing out the birthday pencils for the month of June they started on the awards. Rachael was called up for a Citizenship award. Aww, that's great! She's always a nice kid.

Then she got called up for another award. I wasn't expecting that, but hey, great! This one was for Outstanding Effort. Cool. She always tries her best. I like that. And two awards is great!

Then she got called up for another award! This one was for Academic Achievement. Her report cards have always been great, but I wasn't expecting an honor roll award. Way to go, girl!

Wow, three certificates is impressive. I sure wasn't expecting that! But they weren't quite done yet. Those kids who received all three certificates also got a medal! (Ok, it's really plastic, but still.) Now that's impressive.

Not only did she get all the awards they were handing out, but her two best friends got them all, too. What a great group of girls! Alex and Alexa wanted Jaden to join them for this picture.

Way to go, Rachael! We're proud of you and love you lots!

No comments: