Monday, October 29, 2007

Smashing Pumpkins

Don't our pumpkins look smashing?

I carved Kaitlyn's lion pumpkin this afternoon and I asked her if she wanted to watch. No. She wanted to play computer. What's this world coming to? She's not even 4 yet! At least she picked out the lion picture to go on the pumpkin. I thought it was appropriate because she's dressing up as a lion for Halloween.
Then Rachael got home from school and I asked her if she wanted to scoup the goup out of her pumpkin. She did, but then she saw how slimy it was. And then I told her to scoup it out with her hands! That was just too gross. So I told her to get a spoon. Well, a spoon is good for scraping the walls of the pumpkin, but not so good for actually getting stuff out. So she proceded to "scoup" at a rate of about one seed a minute. And then I pulled out my goupy hand and bumped hers and got slime on it. "Ewwww!" After which I said either scoup with your hands or get out of the way! So she went off to color and didn't watch the carving, either. Oh well. Maybe when they get bigger and can actually use the knife they'll be more interested.

No comments: