Thursday, August 02, 2007

29....no, really!


Well, I'm 29 now. For real! Not with any years experience or anything. And let me tell you, I'm glad to be here... I almost didn't make it!
Last week I had severe bleeding and had to have emergency surgery and a blood transfusion. Thank goodness for modern medicine! After leaving the girls at my parents for a sleepoverI went in to the hospital for the second time around midnight last Sunday night. After waiting in the waiting room for three hours I finally got a bed... then they did nothing (except take more blood - I felt like a pincushion!) until 12:30pm. That's twelve and a half hours of doing nothing while I was bleeding to death! (Well, they did give me some estrogen around 4am, but that did nothing.) What is wrong with our health care system that they'll let someone lie there for that long and do nothing! They finally got around to giving me an ultrasound, and from there they rushed me straight to the OR where they cauterized the problem areas and gave me 4 bags of blood. My hemoglobin should have been around 120... it was down to 50. This all happened as a result of the miscariage I had back in May, but at least that means it's not some random occurance that's likely to repeat itself.
But anyhow, I lived to tell the tale. Many thanks to all who helped out and prayed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I love you so much!
yup.

=)
/amanda